Posted By: admin
Date: September 5, 2014 at 5:40 pm
Prizm Content Connect USE CASE:
Medical Health Care Portal
Our client, a health insurance provider, needed to create a simple and secure document viewer. At the time, their existing method of ‘download the pdf’ or ‘view this PDF in the browser’ was time-consuming, confusing and presented security challenges for the end users (their patients). Using Prizm Content Connect to add additional functionality and insure security this client designed a simple web application within their website to address their needs.
- Share claim statements securely on all modern web devices instead of just allowing PDF’s to be downloaded to the browser or the user’s desktop.
- Allow for collaborative annotation and commenting for saving time and effort in case of questions.
- Prizm Content Connect HTML5 document viewer was chosen for its ability to provide secure, high-speed browser-based viewing of multiple document types, including the PDF claim statements on desktop, tablet and mobile devices.
- The user never leaves the clients portal to view or mange the PDF’s, so the risk of data leaking is very low.
- The Patient PDF claims documents are password protected and can only be viewed by the user logged into the healthcare portal with a valid username and password.
- Additional levels of security were enabled by utilizing Prizm Content Connect AES 256-bit private / public key pair Encryption. All data delivered to the browser is encrypted and unreadable both in transit and at rest, making ‘man in the middle’ and point of use attack next to impossible.
- Annotations are saved automatically and trigger a workflow upon being saved, allowing customer service representatives to quickly and efficiently respond to client questions. This reduced time on call and client problem resolution time.