- This event has passed.
Cincinnati SharePoint User Group
February 23, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Speaker – Mike Smith
Often it is not clear to our users where they should be uploading files. The Content Organizer Feature is used to create metadata based rules to automatically move content from a “drop off library” to the correct library.
In this session we will see how the Content Organizer:
- Can route documents to the correct folder or library.
- Lets you create rules to move documents based on Content Type or the values of a property.
- Can move documents to the Drop Off library for automatic routing, even when users upload them to the wrong libraries.
- Manages folder size to prevent exceeding the List View Threshold limits.
- Can allow for duplicate named documents by appending a unique ID to the end of the file name.